Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Joke

I moved to Casper, Wyoming a couple months ago. The characters I've met here have been interesting to say the least, but what has been most surprising to me is what is considered normal in the oil industry. Here is an example.

Last Saturday was the christmas party. This is the joke a manager at Weatherford International told. The guy who told it runs an entire shop, he's the boss of about 8 guys, 3 of them were present. They laughed pretty hard, then went on to tell their own jokes along the same lines. Consider it par for the course.

Barack, Michelle, and Oprah are riding on a plane together. Oprah says, I could throw 1 million one dollar bills out the window and make 1 million people happy. Michelle says, I could throw 100,000 10's out the window and make 100,000 people 10 times happier. Barack says, I could throw a billion 1s out the window and make a billion people happy. The pilot gets on the intercom and says, I could throw 3 niggers out the window and make 6 billion people happy.

Isn't it funny?

No comments: